Blog Archive

Thursday, January 7, 2016

FLASH MARRIAGE-22.3

SHORT AND CONCLUDING PART OF CHAPTER 22, HAPPY READING FOLKS.


Chapter 22.3



OLD FOES (3)

…….



I got home, wearingly leaned on the couch. At this time I felt as if the entire energy of my body had been siphoned off.

Why did I encounter him again, the world is so vast then why did we still end up meeting? I did not want to see him ever again in my life then why did fate force us to come face to face once more? I obviously had forgotten him then how come, when I saw him in the office today, my mind drew a complete blank?

Why did he call me “Yan Yan.” Exactly what right did he have?

 I felt a little cold; autumn had come that’s why the weather had turned chilly. I looked on the floor, on the autumn sunshine spread over the living room carpet. I could vaguely remember, under the beautiful autumn sunshine he was standing, tall and erect. Smiling, he called: “Yan Yan.”

But now, what right did he have?

All of a sudden I felt extremely lethargic, perhaps. Whether I was feeling too tired or just too sleepy, I was not sure.

I simply lay down on the couch and soon fell into a deep slumber.



………......





......…Drowsily, I heard someone opened the door and then shut it, followed by the sound of footsteps coming closer. At this point of time, I had already woken up but I did not open my eyes. I did not want to get up from the couch.

Jiang Li approached me and whispered: “This fool.”

I ignored him and continued to snooze on the couch. Ah, good dreams. In the dreams I would not have to face the messy reality of my life.

Then, suddenly I felt a bit of a weight on my body. Turned out Jiang li displaying a rare act of kindness had covered my body with his jacket.

Rubbing my eyes I sat up. Seeing him still standing in front of the couch, I slowly muttered: “Oh, you are back.”

Jiang Li saw that I was up so he immediately started yelling at me angrily: “do you know what you have done? Without intimating me you left your office early. Moreover you did not even pick your phone, causing me to take a useless round trip to your office.”

I looked down “Oh” in a very small voice said: “I am sorry.”

My attitude must have really shocked Jiang Li. So he forgot about rebuking me and instead bent down. He lifted my face and carefully observed it for a minute. Surprised, he said: “Why are you looking so dull and lifeless?”








I dismissively turned my head away and said: “It’s none of your business.”

Jiang Li stood up. He folded his arms, saying: “Then I should ask something that is my business, have you cooked dinner for me?”

I shook my head; after all I just woke up. Jiang Li frowned and furiously said:  “Xiao Guan Yan, you are really too much.”

I was about to open my mouth to say something when unexpectedly the ‘rivers’ of the tears started flowing out and I could not hold them in.



12 comments:

  1. Thank you. Is he going to comfort her or just be bewildered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you----!
    jiang li will understand now, xiao yan is not her usual energetic self today...poor her. he'd better comfort hear, ok---! inwon't accept anything less! ah---! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. just waiting for the moment Jiang Li realized Xiao Yan's ex-boyfriend works in the same company as her and what action he'd take

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... looking forward to see how he'll react to this (both the crying and another rival) Thanks for the translation!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Jiang Li is stupefied to find her cry so suddenly, considering she usually blew her top off when provoked. I'm not sure however he will coax her to stop crying, considering his character. I think he'll comfort her by cooking a delicious meal to distract her. Food is the answer to her woes. LOL.

    Thankies for the update~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your site yesterday thanks to trungtnguyen123! Thanks so much for translating this fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although Jiang Li is brusque towards her, he does care. I bet we'll see the soft side of him, seeing Xiao Yan feeling dejected,

    ReplyDelete