Blog Archive

Friday, January 1, 2016

Flash Marriage-22.2

Surprise everyone, yeah I decided to pull you out of the misery called ' WHO IS THE OLD FOE" by posting this part of the chapter ahead of the time. but there is a little hitch. Since I have somehow messed up the whole timetable (by posting this part early)  I can salvage the situation only by splitting this chapter 22 into three parts.


I always say that I love reading your comments and thoughts, since its the first day of the year so today I have decided to call out the names of some the regular commentators and give them a big hug (although virtual) for their consistent feedback. Thank you  Rei Shiki, Lisa Leung, Lacusclyne, animeree, awesomesaucery, fantasyana, Grace Silvano, Midori, Juli, & Flayful designs.

Sorry if I missed any one's name. People who comment under anonymous if its a deliberate choice then no issues but if for some reason you were unable to log in and hence had to comment as anonymous (that's what some readers have pointed out to me) then please leave your name at the end of the comment so that I can remember it and shall post it next time onwards.

As for the other commentators I do read your comments And at times when I find translating this whole thing exhausting and tiring I re-read all your comments to motivate myself. SO please keep sharing your views about the book, about Jiang Li and about our clumsy heroine Xiao Yan.  


Chapter 22.2



OLD FOES (2)


When the man saw an unidentified object lunging forward from the outside, he frantically caught that object, me.

I promptly raised my head and wanted to say thank you or sorry or something like that but when I saw his face my mouth could not utter a single word.

Yu Zhi Fei was looking down at me, obviously very shocked at the moment.





I suddenly felt a gust of cold wind on my foot, gradually rising towards my body then my heart grew heavier and soon it started sinking down completely.

Yu Zhi Fei helped me in standing up, looked at me in disbelief and murmured: “Yan Yan?”

I pushed him away, awkwardly stood in front of him then said: “Excuse me.” So, he moved aside to let me pass.

After handing over the document file to the marketing manager, I conveniently asked him: “umm,
what is the name of the new marketing director?”

Marketing manager replied: “His name is Yu Zhi Fei, he just stepped out.” Saying so he glanced at the door and saw Yu Zhi Fei “ehh, Director you are still standing here, did not go out yet.”

My heart shuddered a little. After thanking the marketing manager, I bit the bullet. Shutting my eyes,
I trudged towards him, Yu Zhi Fei who was still standing in front of the door like a statue. I bowed my head a little and said: “Director Yu, Director Wang has invited you to join him in his office.”

Silence.

I thought he did not hear my words so I was about to repeat them. I did not expect him to open his mouth.

He faintly uttered: "Yan Yan.”

 “Director Yu, please call me Secretary Xiao.” I could not dare to look at him thus with my head down I walked out of his office.

From the sound of footsteps I could guess that Yu Zhi Fei was following me.




……

I had heard that a person’s soul can leave his body, considering today’s experience I could say that it must be this feeling. The kind of feeling where you’re in trance, blank, almost as if your brain was soaked in black ink, lifeless, losing the ability to think completely. Even when Wang Kai talked to me, my spirit did not return.






“Secretary Xiao, why are you looking so ugly today?”

“Um.”

“Not feeling well?”

“Um.”

“Xiao Yan, do you want to eat anything special in lunch?”

“Um.”

“Why don’t we go to the restaurants that provide special catering for the couples?”

“Um.”

“Yan Yan, there is a better idea, shouldn't we book a room in some good hotel for tonight?”

  “Um.”


“Xiao Guan Yan, Are you listening to me or not!”

Wang Kai bellowed furiously, making me shiver automatically. I shifted my gaze slowly and looked at him. Bewildered, asked him: “Director Wang, did you say anything?”

Wang Kai stared at me anxiously and said: “I think you are bewitched by evil.”

I lowered my head: “Oh, I am not bewitched, just feeling a little unwell…”

Wang Kai grabbed my wrist and said: “Come on, I will take you to the hospital.”

I retrieved my wrist from his clutch softly and very calmly said: “There is no need for that but Wang Kai….can you give me a half day off for today?”

Wang Kai nodded: “Well. I will send you home.”

“No need, you really don’t need to.” I said while stepping out of his office.

“Xiao Yan.” Wang Kai suddenly stopped from behind. He hesitated a bit and then said: “In case there is any problem, do remember to call your boss.”

“Okay, thank you Boss.”
……………………………




19 comments:

  1. thanks a lot!
    -returns the hug- happy new year 2016! may 2016 be better than 2015!
    ah---! i thought it'd be either jiang li or her ex! ah----! it was her ex! -punches my fist into my palm repeatedly- that disloyal, horrid guy! well, it's great xiao yan and him broke up, really, haha!
    anyway, aw----! wang kai's so cute! he cares for her, it's adorable!i'm so touched!i'd ship them, honestly, if xiao yan and jiang li ever divorce, lol! 'cause for all his teasing and making fun of her, he still views her as a friend! so moved---!
    hm---she's returning home...jiang li will notice her low mood,right? what will his reaction be?! ooh! exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you suitable for reading this book child-of-light.net

      Delete
  2. happy new year and thank you so much for all your hard work, i don't comment much but i always check ur blog everyday and it makes my stressful day disappeared...ur translations of c-novels brings joy to my mundane and busy world...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and thanks for the update! I thought it was her ex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huhuhu. . Its her ex. .. lol.. i was so wrong. Now must read back how they broke off. Hopefully these two guys who is in her life will protect her...
    Thanks Pratii for your hard work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. boo...indeed it's an old foe. Wang Kai tries to take advantages of her but he is still a caring gentleman.

    loving surprise releases

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since Yu Zhi Fei broke up with what's her name, I'm guessing he regrets breaking up with “Xiao Xiao".

    Thanks for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankies for the fast update~
    Hahaha. And for acknowledging us.

    I forgot how they broke up. Hahaha. Need to read back. Oooooohhhh~ Seems like 'X-Incompetent husband' Jian Li will have another rival. Hohohoh~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you guys know what chapter they explained the breakup with the ex? I want to re-read too hahah thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you there... How did her ex and old bestie break up again? From what I know is that the ex cheated with old bestie night before their wedding but not how those 2 broke up.

      Delete
    2. I am with you there... How did her ex and old bestie break up again? From what I know is that the ex cheated with old bestie night before their wedding but not how those 2 broke up.

      Delete
  9. Happy new year and thanks for the chapter ! I can't wait to see what will happen next :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh 2 chapters!! I feel spoiled :D And Xiao Yan adds another bishie to her harem. Happy New Year as well! 加油

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knew it. It was a man from her past. Old foe and past lover.

    Thank for the hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. infonya sangat bermanfaat.
    saya tunggu updatenya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love this story so much...hilarious & twisting. Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. reverse harem, la!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post. we need work out more techniques in this regard. thanks for sharing.

    Click Here : farm tractors for sale 385 85HP 4X4

    ReplyDelete