Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Flash Marriage-12.1

Chapter 12.1



This is a shout out to all those wonderful phantom readers of this blog. Guys/Gals please let me know if you are actually reading this novel or are only looking at the pictures. If you do then what are your thoughts about our characters. How do you think a gay guy will fall for a so called ordinary girl? I need to have some feedback from you guys to keep me motivated. Appreciate your time and effort to listen to my little outburst.

Chapter 12: Our Honeymoon (1)

The past few days with Jiang Li went by quite peacefully but soon we were going to welcome not so peaceful days- our honeymoon was about to begin.

Because I was normal and was going on honeymoon with a person who was abnormal therefore I had so many conflicting emotions, wanted to beat him yet was unable to do so, not only that but this person also seemed to have no respect for women. However, seven days trip to Maldives was free for me, how could I utter any word, so I just had to accept everything and move forward as long as the trip was good enough.

I had never been to the Maldives but I had heard that its very very beautiful, water is as blue as sky, crystal clear everywhere, when I was about twenty years old I had a strong yearning to sell bananas on an island like Maldives which can be considered a hermit’s lifestyle in cities. Naturally, this dream quickly became meaningless, completely irrelevant. After that I had a lot of dreams, of course, none of them could last for more than three months. You can say, I was one of those directionless people who have only wishful thinking but no determination.  And I still think that with no desires or aspirations people can lead a happy and peaceful life, moreover, the world has more than seven billion people, if everyone dreams of becoming a president or prime minister then won’t the world would go into chaos.

Therefore, Oh mighty people, if we small scrappy people do not quietly play the supportive role then I would like to see how high you people will soar.

I am sorry, I have digressed from the topic and now we return to the topic at hand ‘honeymoon.’ Even though I considered this honeymoon as a free trip to the Maldives only but Jiang Li obviously did not think so, he did not even want to go as a tourist, just handed me an air ticket while telling me a person can travel alone.

I hesitated but took the tickets and asked: "What about you?"

Jiang Li said: "There is some work at the company, I have to stay back."

This kid had finally remembered about his company. But I still had some reluctance, swallowed saliva for a long time, finally said: “So who would accompany me to sleep?”

Jiang Li frowned a little and said: "You just find someone you like."

That’s too much, Did I like people so casually? So I pouted and said:  "Then I can just sleep around.”

Jiang Li apparently did not foresee that I would answer like this, he scrutinized me a bit and finally said: “Whatever you do just don’t bring back AIDS, alright.”

I scratched my head, still hesitant, paused for a long time. Jiang Li got impatient and said: “What’s wrong?”

Biting the bullet I muttered: “If you won’t go then who would help me to pay………”

Jiang Li gently exhaled, retrieving a Visa card he came towards me: "Use this one."

I received the card, my mood immediately improved.

......

At night I drowsily went to slumber, suddenly Jiang Li started lightly hitting my head with a pillow, coldly said: “Xiao Yan, Your best feature is low self-esteem.”
I turned around to face him, puzzled and asked: “How’s that relevant to you?”

His eyes were closed; his tone remained the same without any improvement: “I just loathe the skittishness and fickleness of women."

Remember the teachers in elementary school often taught us to identify the main idea in any question; this is one of those rare literacy skills that I still hold. At the moment, the main gist of Jiang Li’s sentence that I could extract was: ‘I dislike women’. Very good, these powerful words could sum up the darkness inside his heart.

Thinking of this, I evilly lifted the corner of my mouth and said: “Oh, it’s regrettable since I am just a skittish and fickle woman.”

Jiang Li suddenly opened his eyes and stared at me sharply. My heart shuddered, immediately suppressing the internal restlessness, closed my eyes to ignore him. Jiang Li, damn this man with one look could scare a person to death.

Now, Jiang Li leisurely said: "If you dare to do anything that’s not right, I would naturally find a way to come and teach you a lesson.”

I closed my eyes, thinking, even if I do something indecent, he would never know!

.....



When I got up next morning Jiang Li had already returned from his morning exercise routine. While passing through the living room I was surprised to find a huge suitcase in the middle of living room. This suitcase was obviously not mine as my luggage was in my bedroom. So, was this Jiang li’s?

I looked up suspiciously and asked Jiang Li: "You want to leave home?"

Jiang Li in a neither salty nor pale manner explained: “I wanted to go for diving, so going to Maldives now.”

Jiang Li’s decision once again made me loose a very good opportunity.

But I still had a problem which I did not understand, exactly when did he prepare his luggage? Did he plan long time back? Then pretended as if he wasn't going, This Men sao man!*

* This is a Chinese buzzword called “Men Sao". It refers to people who look quiet, cold or even dull outside, but inside they are volatile, charismatic, hot and sexy. It may also be used to describe a person's ‘duplicitous personality’, but mostly in the eulogistic sense. Sometimes can be translated into "surprise package."

Jiang Li sensing the doubt in my heart, said: "I prepared it last night."

Me: "How could I not know anything?"

Jiang Li: "You sleep like a dead pig. How would you know."

Me: "......"

......

50 comments:

  1. I'm one of the phantom readers; hello! Hahaha.

    I like their tandem, though most probably the one who'll fall 1st (if had not yet) is Jiang Li. Hahaha. But I can't help thinking he's the same guy who flirts with her online. Or am I too assuming?

    Is he really gay? Or just using it as an excuse cause he's picky and he wants to shoo away the women who flocks to him? I wonder~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I'm also one of your phantom reader. I secons flayful thoughts as well regarding JL who pretend he is gay to prevent unwanted female.

    Thanks for your efforts and hard work of translating. Have settle down to your new country yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.

    I'm also one of your phantom reader. I secons flayful thoughts as well regarding JL who pretend he is gay to prevent unwanted female.

    Thanks for your efforts and hard work of translating. Have settle down to your new country yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Definitely appreciate your efforts and enjoying the story so far. Don't understand what the guy's about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your effort, I really enjoyed to read your translation. FIGHTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello, i'm one of your so-called phantom reader lol
    I'm very grateful for the fact that you translate this novel. Thank you so much!
    For me JL isn't really gay, he's just sexually confused because no girls ever attract him until XY come to the picture XD.
    Actually I've read other work by this author called Rice Pot Next Door and i totally fall in love with the male main chara. But JL make me laugh and swoon at the same time.
    Can't wait to read the next chapter! FIGHTING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized it was the same author. Thanks for cluing me in. Since I like both stories so much I will have to see if I can track down more of their work.

      Delete
    2. Hey, I have also read a few other works of this author and after 'flash marriage' the novel u mentioned 'rice pot next door' is my fav. And now if I think about it isn't this author too obsessed with 'gay' male lead and since I liked such novels doesn't this make me a fujoshi as well :o

      Delete
    3. I actually prefer novel with 'gay' male lead. because it's more interesting and hilarious than the cool, handsome, rich arch type of guy.
      or maybe because i'm a fujoshi as well LOL

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading it, thanks for translating. I dont think he is gay, or ever thought he was gay, it was just a way out to observe her

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Another phantom reader here... Just want to let you know I'm an avid fan of your blog. Please continue translating. Appreciate your hard work, thanks so much. -inno

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello fellow readers, thank u for ur kind words though I forced u to come out on this blog but still ur comments mean a lot especially at a time when I am still coping with the new place n environment. So please puhleez keep talking to me about the book or any damn thing to keep me sane in my not so perfect current predicament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how hard it is to cope in new place because i never moved to any place at all. But you've got my support as your phantom reader so stay strong! btw, in what country did you live if you don't mind me asking?

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks for the support :) earlier I used to live in U.S. East coast.

      Delete
  10. hello,first thankyu very much for translating this novel,my english not good enough for long conversation,so iam became your panthom reader LOL,jiang li maybe gay guy and really fall for the girl,he is just dont like girl for many reason so he cut himself for not like girl anymore,sorry for the gramer if u cant understand ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah not an issue. I understood everything u said. I also had the similar feeling when I first read this book. That he simply never liked any girl so may be that's y he turned gay.

      Delete
  11. Hi,
    another phantom reader here! I don´t really know how will Jiang Li fall in love with her but he surely doesn´t seem to be as cold-hearted towards her as he wants to appear to be. I mean he lets her sleep with him and suddenly decided to go with her.

    Now I´m mostly curious if they will meet her game buddy at Maldives and if yes what will everyones reactions be like.
    Lastly thanks for your effort. I don´t even know how I found this blog but I´m glad I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think her husband Jiang Li and that computer guy is the same person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, since I don't wanna spoil the book for u or any other reader so I won't disclose anything but the computer guy will be revealed in chapter 13/14. So stay tuned.

      Delete
    2. Oh looking forward to that. Thanks for spoiling us with this translations. I just stumbled into your blog last night. I really appreciate the hard work that you put into not to. Xie xie.

      It's my interest and love of C-novels that I'm trying to learn Mandarin. Not sure how long it'll take me because it's doubly hard to learn and converse proficiently in a new language when you're older, so much more learn to read. It's easier in pin yin but soooo hard in Chinese character.

      Anyhoo, I hope you have settled in the new country you've moved into.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi hi! remember me? I'm your usual commentor~

    i want to say a big THANK YOU for translating, i know it must be pretty hard at times so i really really appreciate your hard work and time!

    moving to a new place totally sucks! i really applaud your courage for moving!
    maybe you might want to join the local community centre or club or volunteer there to meet new people. Making a friend in a new place really makes the move bearable!

    for the book....i have a lot of things to say.... jiang li strikes me as a typical rich, handsome, smart, and arrogant guy. i don't really like him yet but it will be interesting to watch him fall in love and see how his love changes him. the girl is this plain, ordinary girl but her personality is very unique, it is so dry and rather carefree- the type to go with the flow. she and jiang li are very different from their looks to their personalities. so far the probability of them falling in love seems to be less than 1%. but that's why the novel is so interesting- it makes them, the impossible couple, become a possible love.

    i hope you are satisfy with my rather long comment~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, how can I ever forget u since u were the first reader to comment on my blog :) even though I am an indoor person and only go out for brisk walking in order to keep my body fit, I joined the local gym solely for the purpose of making new friends (not an ideal way to deal with things; I know. Sigh)
      I agree with you, So far JL has done a very few things that counts in my eyes and yan yan, though is as ordinary as they come but her mind works in a very unique way which not only is interesting but also hilariously cute. Keep reading for the romance between these two odd balls

      Delete
  16. Hehehe! This was a cute chapter! Jiang Li really does give her some mixed signals, I can see a lot of funny misinterpretations from this. The more that I read, the more I am convinced that he is also her mysterious online friend. Thanks for the translation! (and for the notes on the buzzwords etc - I really like that you add them in!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your translating work! It is helpful to have something steady when you move. I've moved across the country a couple times, but never to a new country. I second the idea to get involved in the community.

    As for the story, Jiang Li was totally planning on going considering his online conversation with her earlier. I am completely convinced they are talking with each other and if it turns out otherwise it will be quite the shock.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Waiting for the next chapter...patiently...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait is over.. Go ahead and read the next part ☺️

      Delete
  19. Hi. I am one of your avid readers. Thank you for translating this book. I love commenting but I'm having hard time posting comments using my phone on blogspot. So I guess I can only comment when I open my laptop which is only on Mondays. Please keep on translating and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please enjoy the next installment and let me know ur thoughts...since its monday today...:P

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. Hi i want to thank you for you hard work. Fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh looking forward to that. Thanks for spoiling us with this translations. I just stumbled into your blog last night. I really appreciate the hard work that you put into. Xie xie.

    I hope you have settled in the new country you've moved into and found friends. If you don't mind me asking, are you in Asia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Thanks for your good wishes and appreciating words. I read all your comments and it's good to see how much you are enjoying this novel. Hope will find you in the future posts as well. :)
      & Yes, indeed I have moved to an Asian country.

      Delete
  22. A new phantom reader... Thanks for the chapters~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, just started reading today! Can't stop laughing between the their interactions, especially between her and dusk! I'm wondering if dusk and jiang li are the same person but their personality is different xD

    Thanks for the chapters!! d(^_^o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you very much for your hardwork in translating this novel. Love their bickering....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am really enjoying this read. I am sure that Jiang Li is not gay. ((Cold) shower was a dead giveaway) I believe he used the gay marriage/no strings to lure her in because he already likes her. How he knows her is mystery but he seems to know about her past. He is trying to win her using living together as his advantage and he is probably pretty confident or would not risk it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my thoughts before reading this page.

      Delete
  26. Hello.... I'm one of the phantom readers as well, but I have come out now out of guilt to own up...lol....wonderful translation. Thanks for the good work. Your translation is so good that I'm actually immersed in the story. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello.... I'm one of the phantom readers as well, but I have come out now out of guilt to own up...lol....wonderful translation. Thanks for the good work. Your translation is so good that I'm actually immersed in the story. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello.... I'm one of the phantom readers as well, but I have come out now out of guilt to own up...lol....wonderful translation. Thanks for the good work. Your translation is so good that I'm actually immersed in the story. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. This novel is hilarious .Li and Yan are becoming dependent on one another without realizing it.He will come on the trip just to dive. Hah! She needs him to help her sleep . What will happen on this trip . This RAD man will he follow and find them at their hotel?
    Thank you for bringing this novel to our monitors . I am spellbound. I find my self caught up in the characters feelings and actions

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am a phantom reader . Just commenting to let you know that I exist ... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanx for the effort, this is an interesting novel.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Phantom reader 4 years later, Thanks for the translations. Hope u could put some ads to compensate a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for translating! Reading here in 2022

    ReplyDelete